Welcome to Controlled Chaos

Controlled Chaos is my little corner of the world, my little room where I choose to talk about whatever comes to mind.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Phoenix is here

Check this out http://www.tbrpc.org/tampabaycatplan/scenario.shtml  This is an enactment of what would happen if a Category 5 hurricane would strike at Pinellas County. Pinellas Park is within a very short distance of my home and my office.  This is a very good time to make emergency supplies part of my shopping each week and make sure everyone is ready for the "big one". Not that it is coming here, but what if it does?  I am supposed to shelter in place, which means stay home, wait for the storm to pass and hang on to whatever  I can find that won't move if the prevailing winds are more than 75 mph. Doesn't sound like a fun time to me, but I will make sure I have enough water, and non-perishable PBJ on crackers.


After the storm, if my freezer is still within fetching distance and the power is out, we will cook and barbecue up such a feast, we will be eating very well for one day at least. I have a lot in my freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment